Sunday 12 December 2010

Days 6, 7 & 8

Oh NOOOOO! I'm falling behind :/

Today I've been desperately trying to get back on track! The past week we've been suffering with colds, not really bad colds... just the ones that are just lurking enough to make you want to sit around doing nothing... maybe that's just me??

Well anyway... instead of doing my DD when the kids are tucked up in bed, I've been crashing on the sofa, too tired to do anything!

Although I hadn't physically done the layouts, I'd done most of the work in my head... just needed to put it onto paper!

Finally... Here is Day 6, 7 & 8 for your viewing pleasure :D

Day 6
Most of my previous pages were quite photo orientated, but these ones were more about the story of the day. As I mentioned above, I've had a cold the past week, as have my kids... All good fun! :/ My story for Day 6 was about us all sitting to watch Elf. Was really great, the kids really enjoyed it, we all had a good laugh :D
Page 1
I used a candy cane stamp as my boarder, stamped in black and then coloured in with gel pens... not sure why candy canes.... maybe it was to do with the candy cane forest?? I tried out my festive papers, but nothing was working, so here we are! I like it anyhow! As I was doing the stamping I realised the canes actually looked rather like little number sixes... So I ended up drawing out a candy cane number six :D

Page 2
Page 2 shows my feeble attempts at  capturing the three of us snuggled under our blanket watching the movie... Poor Wiyot, just couldn't seem to get his head in the pic :/ We had a laugh trying though, which is why I wanted to include them in my page. Shoshone sat there saying "CHEEEEEESSSEEEE" the whole time I was taking the pics! lol

Day 7 & 8
Decided to keep days 7 & 8 to a page each. Day 7 was fairly slow and so was struggling to fill a two page spread.

Day 7
Managed to capture this rare scene and had to put it in my DD. Shoshone was following Wiyot around and giving him big cuddles. They were loving it, as you can see in their faces :D The boarder is a stamp from the same set as the candy canes. I used two different inks, trying to get a similar colour to the green in the glass tile. The tile came from a Christmas card Danny gave me 6 years ago (I knew it would come in useful one day!!)

Day 8
And finally Day 8! Danny's Christmas holiday begins!! Woo Hoo!

We opened a jar of champagne to celebrate... champagne and strawberry jam! Very nice too with our lovely fresh, warm croissants :9

Few mistakes on this page... I can't be bothered to do the whole page again, so will just have to live with them!

OK... I'm almost caught up! Now on to 9, 10, 11 & 12!!!! ARRRRGGHHH!!! 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Hope you are feeling better. I have had a nasty cold the last few days too. Tis the season! And there is nothing like the movie Elf to put smiles on your faces. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete