Tuesday 16 February 2010

My Sculptures

When I was doing A level art, my teacher mentioned using breeze blocks to create sculptures. Having always wanted to give the old hammer and chisel a go I straight away got my Dad to go pick up a few blocks from the local builders yard.

My first piece was based on the previous years exam brief... From what I can remember (it was more than a few years ago) it was supposed to be someone relaxing in the sun. I was really pleased with how he turned out and loved the process of chipping away at something to reveal something completely different.


I loved the process so much I decided to do another one for my exam piece. The brief this time was to do something inspired by Michelangelo's unfinished sculptures, where the figures look as though they are struggling to free themselves from the marble.
I still love the way it turned out. It's by no means perfect, but I'm proud of it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment