Friday 19 February 2010

Finally...

I have been working on this jumper for ages!!!

I started it when I was pregnant with Shoshone, and just managed to finish it the weekend just gone... I must have known it would take this long as I decided to make it in the patterns largest size.

Other than a baby blanket I made, this must be my longest running (knitting) project... I'll blog about the blanket at some other point.

Actually come to mention it, I'm not 100% sure its complete... I planned to try a bit of embroidery on the chest, where the thicker yellow stripe is.

I might still do it...

Got the buttons from Dunelm Mill, they were to go allong with the embroidery, but think they look good on their own too.

In the pattern the jumper is supposed to be striped all over. I thought I'd run out of the white/speckled yarn and so decided to go for plain yellow sleeves... After knitting one of the sleeves I found another ball of the white yarn >:(

I couldn't be bothered to pull out the whole sleeve so the jumper now has yellow sleeves... Thought it might look weird, but quite like it now it's finished.

And here's Shoshone wearing it for the first time... Again, not a happy model :S




If anyone's interested, it is basically the first pattern in Simply baby by Debbie Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment