Wednesday 14 September 2011

Crispy Roast Pork Belly! :9

Sorry, haven't posted here for a while... I've been meaning to but have been busy with my home education blog. Wiyot has suddenly developed a thirst for knowledge and has been keeping me very busy! :D

Anyway, back to my belly... Pork belly that is! Although I guess it was for my belly :D 

Last week, while searching for something or other, I stumbled upon some food blogs. If you would like to check them out, have a look here and here!

I'll admit, I spent a rather long time drooling over the various recipes. There are many that I am going to attempt, but this was the debut! If you would like to have a go yourself (I highly recommend it!) you can find the recipe here!

BTW the colours are a little off on these pics, hopefully you get the idea though!

Marinating

The skin cleaned and salted. 
Unfortunately the only joint available was scored on the skin side, which didn't help with the crisping process. :(

After cooking I put it under the grill to help crisp it up.

Chopped into rather large bite sized chunks.

Mmmm so juicy! :9
Verdict: Very pleased with the outcome. The meat was beautifully tender and very moist. It was also very tasty, but next time I will definitely marinate it for longer! I will also be paying the butchers a visit next time, so hopefully the skin will be intact!

Oops, just realised technically this would be the second Chinese recipe I tried... I also made steamed buns with Wiyot on the same day!

Click on the pic to see the full post!
Will be posting news on the circle skirt very soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment